Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When Tan Lines become Phone Lines

I really love Good News Week. It is a terribly funny show and last week they were running an ad that had a line from the show and it made me double over every time I heard it. (Its in the first minute of Ep 4 if you did want to watch).
It was about a group of teenage girls in Sydney who were sunbaking with their mobile phone numbers in zinc across their back.

Line of the week…

“At least they were responsible enough to wear sunscreen; they’re Slip Slop Slappers.”

Gold.

Speaking of slappers and those who deserve gold, pick up line of the week goes to my friend Jemima*

Jemima: You're very cute
Random Boy at the pub: Why thank you. Can I buy you a drink?

J: Certainly, I'll have the most expensive cocktail on the list thanks
RB: Sure....So, what are you doing after here?

J: I'm not sure, but I can tell you that you may have a chance of coming back to my place
RB: Sounds good!

J: But first, I think we need to pash so I see if you're a good kisser, and only THEN will I decide if you can come home with me or not. Ok?
RB: OK!


Later - (J and RB - pashing in the corner of a pub behind a curtain).

PS. He wasn’t good enough


*Name has been changed to protect the not so innocent

3 comments:

Emma said...

Love that you published that - I have a very strong suspicion I know who that was - good on her I say - excellent prevention of potential disaster - in the world of public health we call this screening!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

shill said...

LOL, you always knows just the funniest thing to say :) somehow this post makes me miss sun baking moments!!!