Monday, June 23, 2008

Call me Ishmael

Picture from plantsandanimals

With apologies to Melville, I have decided to kick off this blog with a bit of blatant plagiarism – it is the greatest opening line ever written after all, it seems wrong not to nick it.

Moby Dick seems an appropriate first posting for me. I’ve read it once before, but it was such a long time ago. To re-read it is on my to-do list. As was starting this blog. That’s one ticked off.

It also brings me directly to one of my greatest loves

ebay

I worship at its altar. ebay opens up the world to this sheltered little Adelaide girl.

I just bought
this because I think it’s just great. It brightens up my hallway and my day.




My plan hereon is to share with you more of my loves, things I find funny and just the stuff that is running through my head. There is a character in Moby Dick Called Pippin (Pip for short – just like me) and Pip is a little crazy. I hope to bring a bit of this too.

So,

At last the anchor was up, the sails were set, and off we glided.

Chapter 22, "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville

2 comments:

Brown Button Trading said...

oh my god - can you hear me squealing from here!!! so friggin excited pippa ann baxter!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! love it already. and that poster? how do you find these things?? x

Emma said...

Welcome banana!!!! So happy you are here xx